1) Where do I get my claim number?
A: Claim numbers are issued by the insurance company at the time you report your accident. Just write the claim number down and bring it in with you. If you need assistance in obtaining a claim number, we will be happy to assist you.
2) What is a direct repair shop?
A: Sometimes referred to as a direct repair program (DRP) or prefered shop
Insurance companies often try to refer you to a shop of their choice -- one "preferred" by them.
Many Insurance companies with "referral" or "preferred shop" programs have approached repair shops and, in exchange for discounts, use of non-original parts and other cost-cutting techniques, promise to send repair work to the participating shop to be on the insurer's "list."
Many have contracts in place with these repair shops. The problem? The repair shops participating in these programs are, in essence, working for the insurance company -- not you, the vehicle owner.
3) If my vehicles frame is damaged is the car a total loss?
A: Typically your insurance company determines if the vehicle is a "total loss" when it feels that the repair costs will exceed the value of the vehicle. Most vehicles frames can be returned to OE specifications with our frame repair systems or sectioned with OEM recommended procedures.
4) Can you match my car's paint color?
A: Yes, provided it's an original color and it hasn't faded. We use a high-technology Martin Senour base coat / clearcoat system and the most advance color matching tools on the industry to assure OE quality finish and proper color match.
5) How can I get a rental car?
A: Most policies now have rental coverage. If you are unaware or time does not allow you to check, just provide our customer service representatives with your policy number and we would be more than happy to help. Enterprise provides drop-off services at our location. For those that do not have rental coverage, and meet certain criteria, we have free loaner cars available. We can also help with close area drop-offs.
6) How will I know my car is done?
A: Our staff will notify you when your vehicle is ready to be picked up. If it is an extensive repair, we will try to keep you informed on how the repair is progressing.
Feel free to call us at 641-856-2500 or e-mail rkautobody@sirisonline during the repair process if you have questions or concerns.
7) Is there a warranty on the repairs done to my vehicle?
A: All of our repairs are backed by a written warranty. Please feel free to contact any of our friendly staff members for any additional information.
8) Do I have to pay a deductible? If so, to whom?
A: Whether or not you are responsible for a deductible is determined by your insurance policy and who was at fault. It is best to contact your insurance company or agent to determine whether or not your deductible has been waived or if you are responsible to pay it. If you are responsible for a deductible, your payment will be due to RK Auto Body upon completion of the repairs to your vehicle.
9) Can you cover my deductible?
A: Your insurance policy is a contract between you and your insurance carrier. It basically says that if you have a loss, you are responsible for the first portion of repairs (your deductible) and the insurance carrier will pay the rest. If we do fewer repairs than agreed with the insurance carrier, you're still responsible for the deductible. Any reduction will be refunded to the insurance company. Any honest business will say no.
10) What forms of payment do you accept?
A: Cash, personal check, debit, MasterCard, Visa, Discover, money order, cashiers checks and insurance checks.
11) I need my car towed, what do I do?
A: You may have your car towed to our facility 24 hours a day, 7 days a week including holidays. Simply call RK Auto Body at 641-856-2500 or Bratz Shell at 641-437-1100, after hours at 641-437-1402. They will carefully transport your vehicle to our repair facility. Don't worry about paying for the tow, all tow charges will be billed to us and we will collect from your insurance provider.
12) How long do the repairs done to my vehicle take?
A: RK Auto Body attempts to forecast a target date on how long your repairs may take. This is not an exact science. Some major components in making the forecast is parts availability and complexity of repairs. Then you must factor in unforeseen delays which may occur due to additional supplemental damage, part delays, receipt of incorrect parts, supplemental insurance approvals, and current workload of the shop.
13) Do I need more than one estimate?A: No. There is no law in the state of Iowa that says you have to get more than one estimate. If an insurance company asks you to get more than one, explain to them that you would prefer to work with RK Auto Body. If they need more than one estimate, they can have one of their own appraisers take a look at your vehicle. All this should be done at your convenience and choice of location; either your work, home, or at our shop.
14) My insurance company wants me to take my vehicle to one of their preferred shops, do I have to go there?A: No. You do not have to use the insurance company’s preferred repair center. Just tell the insurance claim adjuster that you have a repair center that you trust. Many insurance companies will send out an appraiser to inspect any damage and file the claim. Some companies will accept a copy of the estimate from the repair center along with photographs for their internal review. Bottom Line: the vehicle owner always has the final choice of what repair center is used.
15) My insurance company says that if I don't go to their shop they wont warranty the repairs?A: RK Auto Body guarantees it's own work. An insurance company or other third-party cannot effectively guarantee the quality, thoroughness, and craftmanship of the repairs. Insurance companies use this as a ploy to trick you into going to their designated repair facility where they have more control over the cost of the repairs. Most cases these repairs are not in your best interest or safety.
16) What if damages are found that are not on the estimate?A: The damage is known as "hidden damage" and once found, the insurance company and/or customer is notified as to the nature of the damage and the cost of the repair to be performed. Generally, this is covered by the insurance company in the form of a supplement as long as it is related to this accident.
Please be advised that these are only a few of the most frequently asked questions. Please feel free to contact any of the staff at RK Auto Body concerning repair costs, estimates, or parts. The staff of RK Auto Body LLC are willing and able to assist you in all of your automotive needs. We welcome your suggestions and comments and strive for complete customer satisfaction.